The Ruhr-University Bochum offers a CSC Scholarship Program for Chinese PhD (Doctoral) students. Candidates can apply for open PhD positions in three subjects: Neuroscience, Physics/Astronomy and Materials Research.
CSC- Scholarship recipients will get following support during their 48 month Doctoral Programme:
- Full CSC support includes travel expenses, visa fee and a 1350 EUR monthly stipend (health insurance included), which enables students to concentrate fully on their research project for the duration of their stay in Bochum. More information: China Scholarship Council.
- No tuition fees for CSC scholars
- A double degree can be arranged on an individual basis provided a PhD student has acquired an additional supervisor in China
- Support by International Office in all issues related to moving to, and settling in, Bochum will be provided
- Candidates will profit from additional training support from the RUB Research School and Research Academy Ruhr
- Support with the visa application process
- Support with arranging accommodation in Bochum
- 81 furnished and fully equipped non-smoking guest apartments are available for international researchers of the Ruhr-University Bochum
- Support with registration as a PhD student at the RUB
- Orientation program
- Language courses available for international students free of charge
- Formal PhD agreements to ensure completion of doctoral studies within 4 years.
- Two PhD supervisors guide the candidate through each study and research milestone
Apply now: Application information (ruhr-uni-bochum.de)