Students, researchers, and early-career professionals can now apply for Falling Walls Lab Beijing on September 18th to present their innovative ideas – in 3 minutes each. Applications are due September 3rd.
The call for applications is now open for Falling Walls online-Lab Beijing. Students, researchers, and early-career professionals are invited to apply with their ground breaking research, business models, and initiatives from all disciplines.
Falling Walls online-Lab Beijing is calling all talented students, researchers, and early career professionals to showcase their most innovative ideas.
Selected participants are given the opportunity to participate in a pitch competition and present their work to peers, a high-calibre jury of experts from academia and business, and the general public, competing to win a trip to the global Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin, Germany on 8 November 2021 and a ticket to the Falling Walls Conference. At the global Finale, 100 finalists from all over the world compete to become the Breakthrough Winner in the Emerging Talents category of Falling Walls, taking home the title and prize money, and receiving the opportunity to pitch their idea once again on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference.
The Falling Walls Lab Beijing is hosted by the (German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Youth Innovation Promotion Association, Chinese Academy of Sciences and supported by Helmholtz Association.
- Win a trip to Berlin, Germany! (travel and accommodation included)Notice: If due to the epidemic the winner takes part in the Falling Walls Lab Final in virtual form, they will instead receive funds to produce a professional video (maximum limit: 1000€). He/she takes part at the international finale online and joins the worldwide online-community of Falling Walls.
- Participate in the global Falling Walls Lab Finale (7 November 2021) in Berlin, where they will compete to become the Breakthrough Winner of the Year in the Emerging Talents category of Falling Walls
- Receive a ticket to the prestigious Falling Walls Conference (7-9 November 2021), where leaders from science, industry, and policy-making meet and discuss which walls will be the next to fall in science and society
- Take part in an exclusive extended programm incl. a pitch training
- Participate in a Springer Nature event on science publishing
- Participate in an ‘Insights into German Research’ science excursion.
- Gain access to inspiring braindates with other Falling Walls Conference participants
- Increase their innovative project’s global reach and visibility with a pitch video in the Falling Walls content library
- Join the global Falling Walls community platform Falling Walls Connect
The Second Prize Winner will:
receive Rockstar GO, Compact Bluetooth stereo speaker with powerful sound for every occasion from the Berlin brand Teufel. The speaker is waterproof and drop-proof, with outstanding battery life. This prize is sponsored by the Berlin Business Desk China.
Outstanding Presentation winners:
Awards and participation certificates will be presented by the organizing committee and signed by the German Ambassador to China (Dr. Jan Hecker)
All selected participants:
In addition, the Berlin Business Desk China, together with the Teufel brand, will present all selected participants with a small surprise gift from Berlin.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Organizations and individuals active in Science Engagement.
- All disciplines and project sizes are welcome.
- Your project must already be running. You cannot participate if you are still at the idea stage. (Exception: The project started but is currently inactive due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- You must be 18 years or older when submitting your application.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Participatory and interactive formats of all kinds: from co-productive research over public panels towards arts-driven or entertaining approaches.
- All projects sizes: from grassroots to institutionalized – common ground is the impact your initiative has.
- Exemplary initiatives from all over the world with a transferable and/or scalable approach that generates mutual learning and benefits for both, science and the public.
- Initiatives with measurable outcomes and long-term impact on their target group.
Our distinguished Jury Members
Scan the QR-Code below to see the specific information about all Jury members:
How to apply for Falling Walls online-Lab Beijing
Applications can be submitted online via the link below until Sept 3rd:
Or alternatively scan the QR code below:
In addition to your online-application, you should prepare your CV, and ppt showing your title (Breaking the Wall of…), a short introduction to the problem described in the title and your solution to this problem.
Please send your files to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The subject of the email and RAR attachment are all named by 破壁 2021.
Please prepare your application materials in English; During the Q&A sessions with our distinguished Jurors the usage of Chinese is accepted.
The organizers will select and invite no more than 20 speakers to participate in the final online-lab on September 18 in Beijing.
The Falling Walls Lab is organised by the Falling Walls Foundation and generously funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Berlin-Senate, Google, and Huawei. It is supported by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany and the German Academic Exchange (DAAD).
For further information, please visit www.falling-walls.com/lab
About the Falling Walls Foundation
The Falling Walls Foundation is a non-profit organisation in Berlin, dedicated to the support of science and the humanities. It is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business and politics, the arts and society. Falling Walls fosters discussion on research and innovation and promotes the latest scientific findings among a broad audience from all parts of society. The Foundation is supported by the German Ministry of Education and Research, the Helmholtz Association, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and numerous other acclaimed academic institutions, foundations, companies, non-governmental organisations and prominent individuals. More information: www.falling-walls.com
Sie haben nicht die Möglichkeit, unsere Büros in Peking, Guangzhou oder Shanghai zu besuchen? Nutzen Sie unsere Online-Studienberatung, um Ihre Fragen zu stellen!