The Graduate School of Global Politics (GSGP) is inviting outstanding students to apply for an innovative 3-year PhD program at Freie Universität Berlin and one of its renowned Chinese partner universities. These are Fudan University (Shanghai), Jinan University (Guangzhou), Renmin University (Beijing) and the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences.
Our program is designed for students who wish to investigate International Relations and Global Politics with a regional focus on East Asia. We prepare you for a successful, research-oriented career.
Special features of the program include:
- • Pioneer Concept: the GSGP is the first bi-national German-Chinese PhD program in the social sciences
- • Systematic coursework: the program offers in-depth knowledge of theories in International Relations (IR) and courses on various methodologies best suited for each PhD candidate’s field of specialization
- • A 6-12 month research stay in China: your opportunity for detailed on-the-spot research and an intensive international academic experience
- • High-quality academic monitoring: PhD candidates will be consulted by two advisors, both renowned scholars, for the whole period of the dissertation
- • Practical experience: the program includes various courses in research management, think tank projects and internship opportunities
- • Networking: students gain access to an exciting international academic network on European-Chinese relations and become part of an active network of more than 1000 alumni from around the world
- • Joint certificate: a doctoral degree from the PhD candidate’s home university and a joint certificate from both universities.
- • Successful candidates start in fall 2015 and will complete their research at one of our Chinese partner universities. After successfully finishing the program and dissertation, students will receive a doctoral degree from FU Berlin together with the joint certificate.
Application deadline is January 7, 2015.